INFORMATION FOR THE LAW ON THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- General Information on the Law
The Law on the Protection of Personal Data numbered 6698 was approved on 24st of May 2016 and published in the Official Journal dated 7th of April 2016 and numbered 29677.
The purpose of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data numbered 6698 is to protect fundamental rights and freedoms of people, particularly the right to privacy, with respect to processing of personal data and to set forth obligations, principles and procedures which shall be binding upon natural or legal persons who process personal data.
- Information for Data Controller
We, BILINTUR BILKENT TURIZM INŞAAT YATIRIM VE TICARET A.Ş., will use your personal data as Data Controller according to the related legislation under the Law on the Protection of Personal Data numbered 6698.
- How your personal data will be processed?
We, BILINTUR BILKENT TURIZM INŞAAT YATIRIM VE TICARET A.Ş., will be able to take all kinds of actions, as the data controller, on your personal data that you share with our company such as preventing your personal data to be obtained, saved, stored, kept, changed, rearranged, disclosed, transferred, taken over, made obtainable, classified or used, provided that such personal data is a part of a registration system.
- What is the purpose of processing your personal data?
Our hotel processes your personal data within the framework of legal relationship that is established between you and our hotel due to Hotel Use, provided that it is related, limited and constrained to performance of our various services such as accommodation, food and drink, banquet, events, meeting, pool and spa, and etc. (briefly referred to as “Hotel Use”) for the following purposes: performing services and executing contracts; identifying Hotel Use and expenses; ensuring security; keeping security records; fulfilling financial obligations; maintaining service quality; fulfilling legal obligations; improving product and service quality; performing advertisement, publicity and corporate communication activities; preparing our company for internal and external auditing; creating sales cards for promotion, membership, loyalty and etc.; using your personal data for advertising, informing and etc. within the framework of the Law on the Regulation of Electronic Commerce; analyzing your customer portfolio; and etc.
Your personal data is collected with audio and visual devices for tracking, observing, monitoring and recording systems at corridors of each floor, public spaces, spa and pool for the following purposes: ensuring security audits; preventing all kinds of adverse events prior to such events or informing related police force when an adverse event happens; detecting incidents and informing necessary people and institutions; ensuring protection against internal and external threats; and increasing service quality.
- Information on people or establishments to whom your personal data can be transferred
People/establishments to whom your personal data can be transferred for the abovementioned purposes and in accordance with the Law on the Protection of Personal Data numbered 6698 and related legislation are stated in the followings: all official authorities and institutions; police directorships; prosecution offices and all other judicial authorities; Bilkent Holding A.Ş that we affiliated with, any companies that are directly or indirectly a shareholder of Bilkent Holding A.Ş, its subsidiaries, any companies in which BILINTUR BILKENT TURIZM INŞAAT YATIRIM VE TICARET A.Ş. is a shareholder, our main shareholder as Bilkent Holding and subsidiaries, our direct/indirect domestic/foreign affiliates, and other partners within the framework of ordinary partnerships; establishments that are our program partner and domestic/foreign establishments that we cooperate with and/ or receive services for our activities.
- How do we collect your personal data?
We may collect your oral, written or electronic personal data through cookies and etc. that our computer uses to identify you on our website, audio and/ or visual recording devices at the hotel (voice recorders and video cameras), forms that are filled during Hotel Use, copies of identity cards, agencies, our employees of sales and marketing department, forms that are collected during guest visits, digital marketing, contracts, applications, forms, offers, website visits.
- What are your rights according to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data numbered 6698?
- Learning whether your personal data is processed;
- If your personal data is processed, requesting information in this respect;
- Learning the purpose of personal data processing and whether your personal data is used according to the purpose;
- Being informed about third parties to whom your personal data is transferred within your country or abroad;
- Requesting correction, if your personal data is deficiently or erroneously processed;
- Requesting deletion or destruction of your personal data within the framework of the provisions that are foreseen in Article 7 of the Law;
- Requesting notification to third parties to whom your personal data forwarded about the actions that taken in accordance with the abovementioned subparagraphs (d) and (e);
- Making an objection to an adverse result against you upon an exclusive analysis of processed data through automatic systems;
- Requesting indemnification, if you suffer losses due to unlawful processing of your personal data.